Share this with family & friends
The life of an actor in New York City
I have to be honest with you. I have a bit of a wacky life. A few weeks ago, I volunteered to be a costumed dancer for a House of Yes boat cruise party for the people at Yelp.com The Facebook post that was soliciting for people who would dance, in costume, mentioned “free food and booze”.
I’m not into drinking, but I figured that dancing for a few hours in a costume and eating delicious free food and snacks on a boat that was cruising around the Hudson River for a few hours would be fun. So, I Facebook messaged the “House of Yes” contact, got the details, and, at 5pm, was meeting the other volunteers in a circular room at the top deck of a 3-story boat that was docked in the Hudson River.
“How tall are you?” Asked Eric.
“Six feet.” I answered.
“Do you mind being Elmo. I think you’d fit him.”
“No, not at all,” I said.
“The head probably stinks. Sorry. It hasn’t been washed in a while.”
“Oh. Okay. No worries.” I put on the head and zipped up the costume. It had a slight odor but it was mainly coming off the fur on the outside. Those poor Yelp.com people would have to feel the funk. Ba-dum-dum!
My dancing made up for it. I was dancing for hours. With everyone. The girls and women were especially receptive to dance with an Elmo that was happy to be there.
Because I was dancing so much, I didn’t get a chance to eat except for two snack plates and I reminded myself to drink a lot of water. Someone handed me a rum-and-coke and that was a mistake because, after that, Elmo was dancing the drunken-monkey and even rolling on the floor at one point.
A view of New York City from the Hudson River
As evening rolled into night, I took a long break on the upstairs deck to cool off, and that is where I captured some beautiful pictures of New York City at night. In the pictures, you can see downtown Manhattan, and the bridge, from the view of the Hudson River. Enjoy.
Feel free to use these pictures wherever you want to use them. I only ask that you add this credit to the pictures: © kris kemp www.kriskemp.com And if you want to make a donation, by clicking the “donate” button on the right side of this website, that’d be cool, too. It’s not necessary, though. The pictures are yours, free. 🙂
After the dance party mayhem, I walked to the subway, enjoying the cold night air. I was tired, but happy.
- No One Cares About Nice – What You Can Do Instead That Will Make You More Attractive to Others - January 4, 2017
- Brunch in Brooklyn, or How to Eat Free at an Art Opening - December 5, 2016
- Breakfast in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York – December 4, 2016 - December 5, 2016
- The Best AirBnB in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York, for under $39 a Night! - December 2, 2016
- Thursday Night in Manhattan – Too Loud A Solitude – short film screening - December 2, 2016
- How to Make Facebook Work For You, or How to Win Friends and Manipulate People - December 1, 2016
- Why People Create Drama and Chaos in their Life and What They Can Do Instead - December 1, 2016
- The Top Ten Movie Trailers for 2016 - July 22, 2016
- Manhattan View from Brooklyn rooftop at night - March 2, 2016
- New York City at night: A view from the Hudson River - March 1, 2016
Sick of being fat? You don't have to be. Discover the simple techniques to losing weight and keeping it off with The Shift Diet
. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed.